Services for Tenants
Phoenix Property Services can help you with the process of renting a property, from finding a suitable home through to ensuring all relevant checks are carried out, both on behalf of the tenant and the landlord. Our friendly and helpful staff are on hand throughout this process to answer any queries.
1. Finding the right property.
The first step to finding the right property is to do a search on this website. However you may prefer to call us so we can discuss your property requirements. We can register your details on our database, enabling us to keep you up-to-date by email or phone when the latest properties become available.
2. Arranging a viewing
We can normally arrange viewings the same day during office hours or Saturdays.
3. Complete an application form
When we have found you a property that meets your requirements, we would then need to take up references, we can email you an application form or pop into our office and collect one. We will need to know details like employer, bank details and previous landlord. In some cases we may ask for a person to stand as guarantor. A credit search will also be carried out.
Once completed and returned you will need to pay a one off non refundable referencing fee:
For a single referencing £225
2 People £300
3 people £450
4 people £600
We will also need either a copy of your driving licence, passport or right to work permit for our records.
5. Get approved
Once all the referencing has been completed and approved, we notify both yourselves and the landlord and then come back to you to confirm a moving in date. A deposit, (usually one calendar month’s rent) is required, in addition to one month’s rent in advance.
6. Moving Day
On the day you will need to come into the office to read and sign your tenancy agreement and pay any outstanding balance. You will be required to set up a standing order at your bank in order that the rent can be paid into our bank account. Alternative payment methods can be made by mutual agreement. You will be provided with two sets of keys, a third set will be held by ourselves to enable access in case of emergency. Remember that you, as the tenant, will be responsible for all contents insurance, council tax, gas, water, electricity and telephone payments for the duration of your tenancy.
Helpful Link – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-rent
Services for Landlords
If you currently own or intend to purchase a residential property for rental in the Medway area, you should consider using Phoenix Property Services. You’ll find it both professional and cost-effective. As we are specialists, we know how to manage property for optimum performance, whilst ensuring smooth running tenancies, and compliance with the various landlord/tenant laws.
Phoenix Property Services offer a comprehensive and professional service to landlords that will assist in the successful letting and management of your property. Whether we are just finding a tenant, or providing total management for your property, our services enable you to have your property occupied by tenants who have been vetted for their credit worthiness and good character.
Our Services for Landlords Include:
- Visiting you at your property and providing a rental valuation and any other advice, which you may require about letting your property.
- Advising you on compliance with the various safety regulations.
- Securing suitable tenants. Advertising your property on our website and all leading property Portals (Rightmove, Zoopla etc).
- Accompanying applicants to view the property where appropriate.
- Conduct and obtain full satisfactory references and credit checks.
- Interviewing all prospective tenants.
- Execute and renew assured shorthold tenancy agreements.
- Collecting and transferring a deposit from the tenant into an approved deposit protection scheme. (TDS)
- Receiving rental payments monthly in advance, and paying you promptly.
- Carry out regular inspections and reporting any problems to you.
- Arranging any necessary repairs or maintenance, first liaising with you in case of larger works.
- 24 hour emergency service.
- Checking tenants out as required, re-letting and continuing the process with the minimum of vacant periods to ensure that you receive the optimum return on your property.
- Our initial letting charge is equivalent to two weeks rent, and our ongoing management commission is
10% of subsequent rental payments, or 12% with Insurance.
- There are no other standard fees or charges.
- No upfront charges – nothing to pay until a tenant moves in and starts paying rent.
- Non Managed Properties, tenant finder’s fee only three weeks rental.
- All fees are subject to VAT.
- If you require further advice or assistance with any matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.