Privacy Notice General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What this privacy notices covers
We are committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean Phoenix Property Services. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
We are Estate Agents and members of The National Approved Letting Scheme, The Property Ombudsman, The Dispute Services (TDS)
Information we gather
We collect your information in the form of your name and contact details and store it on our agency database and paper files.
Your information is collected from:
1. Application and request forms by post;
2. Email, post, fax and mail correspondence with Phoenix Property Services ;
3. Contact via phone;
4. In-person contacts with Partners and employees;
5. Information we receive from the internet property portal and external third parties, where relevant.
We will use your information to:
1. Administer your mailing list requirements;
2. Maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to: sending you information about properties for sale / to let and requesting tenant references;
3. Arrange viewings and valuations;
4. Maintain the accuracy of your information and communicate with you for any other reasons related to your property requirements;
What is the legal basis of processing your data
The legal bases of processing your data are:
‘contract’, as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
‘legal obligation’, where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation for example compliance with anti-money laundering legislation and accounting practices.
‘legitimate interest’, where processing is required for maintaining contacts with customers for auctions and to enable conflict of interest checks or to hold data to the other parties to contracts with a client (such as residential tenants).
Who will have access to the information
We may share your information with third parties (in the case of reference applications with ‘Homelet’) and data processors who may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above.
We may sometimes outsource some of the services set out above to reputable third parties, including for the purpose of ensuring the security of your data. We have data protection compliant agreements in place with all such service providers, so they would only use your information according to our instructions.
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided by reputable security providers and your information is accessed by employees, agents and third party partners on a needs-only basis.
How long will we keep your information
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing listed above. This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing or the data is no longer required or inaccurate. We will hold your information for a period which is deemed reasonable.
You have the right to:
1) To keep us updated.
2) Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification.
Please submit your request in writing to contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
3) Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
4) Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of information by Phoenix Property Services in accordance with the above policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site.
If you would like to review or delete your information you have previously provided us to use, or have any questions relating to our policy, you may do so via our ‘contacts’ page.
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing or email.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All Questions or complaints should be sent to:
Mr L Brayshaw
Phoenix Property Services
54 Watling Street